Here’s what you need to know:
We have four months to raise $50,000 to fight the Transport Agency in the High Court for the future of the Basin Reserve. Donate here: http://savethebasin.org.nz/donate/
- The New Zealand Transport Agency’s appeal to the High Court of the Board of Inquiry decision to decline resource consent for a Basin Reserve flyover has been set down for Monday 20 July.
- The hearing is expected to last two weeks.
- NZTA will be claiming that the Board decision was wrong on various points of law. The Board itself will not be represented at the hearing. That means it’s up to groups like us to defend the Board’s decision.
- Save the Basin Campaign Inc and Mt Victoria Residents Association have jointly taken on Matthew Palmer QC to act for them at the hearing.
- We need to raise $50,000 to pay for this legal representation. We have raised a good chunk of this. We have four months to raise the rest.
- Many of our supporters have already contributed generously, and that’s much appreciated. We’re happy to accept donations via http://savethebasin.org.nz/donate/ but we also need your help with the names of new people to approach.
- Got a friend who’s opposed to a Basin Reserve flyover and wants to stop it going ahead? Let us know their name and contact details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll approach them.
- NZTA are using taxpayers’ money – your money – to continue to push for their unwanted, unnecessary, ugly and expensive flyover. By putting our heads and our funds together, we can and will stop them.