Submission Guide: Let’s Get Welly Moving (LGWM) Scenarios – Submissions Close 15 December 2017
The Short Version
Got five minutes? Read the info below then submit now!
Let’s Get Welly Moving (LGWM) still wants the option to build a motorway flyover (which they call a bridge) at the Basin Reserve!
LGWM has released four scenarios. These scenarios are very vague, but three of the four leave open the possibility of a Basin Reserve flyover:
- Scenario A, if adopted, would not involve a flyover at the Basin.
- Scenarios B, C or D could see a Basin flyover being built.
Here are alternative proposals and submission guides from other transport groups:
- FIT Wellington: Scenario A+ (Scenario A + light rail)
- Living Streets Aotearoa: http://www.livingstreets.org.nz/node/4993
- Cycle Aware Wellington: https://cycwell.wordpress.com/2017/12/08/lets-get-wellington-biking/
Submit before 15 December. You don’t have to go through the whole LGWM form. You can just comment on Scenario A (Step 1, near the bottom of that page), then skip to Step 6 to fill in your details and submit the form.
Tell LGWM something like:
Scenario A may be acceptable. However, I need more detail of what Scenario A involves before I can be sure. I reject Scenarios B, C and D.
Scenario A+ from FIT Wellington looks very promising and improves on Scenario A. I want to see Scenario A+ developed further. I reject Scenarios B, C and D.
and then add your other comments.
The Long Version
Got more time to submit?
1. Read our full Submission Guide (Click on the file name.)
Please submit. And please encourage your friends and networks to submit, too.