The submission process for NZTA’s proposed Basin Reserve flyover has now been announced. You’ll find all the details on the Environmental Protection Agency’s Information for Submitters page and their downloadable Basin Bridge Information Sheet, but here are the main points:
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Friday 6 September 2013.
- You can make submissions online, by email, by fax, by post or by delivering in person. Details of these options are contained in the Information Sheet.
- You can make an online submission, but we recommend that that you email your submission (if it’s less than 10MB) to email@example.com. You are also required to cc it to NZTA: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also cc it to Save the Basin: email@example.com.
- The subject line of your submission is required to read “Submission [your name], Basin Bridge Proposal” (but we still think you should call it a flyover in every other context!)
We’ll be producing a submission guide and putting it up here soon, but the key points are:
- Encourage friends and colleagues to submit
- Say that you are completely opposed to the proposed flyover
- Cover the reasons you are opposed to the flyover – you can’t introduce new areas later
- Ask to speak at the hearing, and say that you want to present your case individually, not jointly. (If you later find out you can’t appear, there won’t be any repercussions for you.) If you do ask to appear in person, you can prepare additional evidence – but it can only expand on the areas you discussed in your original submission, not cover new areas. And only people who have submitted by 5pm on Friday 6 September 2013 get the chance to appear and present additional evidence.
Remember – we have had to listen to NZTA’s spin and lies for far too long. This hearing is the time when they have to sit there and listen to us. Let’s make the most of it.