In recent posts we have highlighted the importance of campaign supporters making their own voices heard in the upcoming Board of Inquiry. The Save the Basin Campaign will be making a submission, but it is also important that campaign supporters make their own submissions to express their opposition to the Flyover.
To assist campaign supporters in preparing their submissions, we are running a submissions workshop:
When – 2 PM Sunday 25 August 2013
Where – New Crossways, Level 1, 6 Roxburgh St
Duration – up to 2 hours
The workshop will:
- Provide an overview of the Flyover proposal and why we believe it should be opposed
- Answer your questions about the Flyover proposal, or advise you on how your questions could be answered
- Provide material on reasons for opposing the Flyover
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and clarify your reasons for opposing the Flyover
- Provide information and answer your questions on how best to capture your views in your submission
- Answer your questions about the Board of Inquiry (BOI) process – timelines; role of the BOI; role of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); appearing at the hearing and what you can expect to happen.
- Provide advice on how to write good submissions
The Friend of Submitter (Mark St Clair) will attend the workshop to provide advice. Some of you might have been planning to attend one or some of the other “drop in” sessions already arranged by the Friend of Submitter – and you might still choose to do that. Our workshop will provide you with a similar opportunity to receive advice direct from the Friend of Submitter, but it will also go well beyond what the Friend of Submitter can do as it will also provide an opportunity to discuss and receive advice on what you actually put in your submission in opposition to the Flyover. That is something the Friend of Submitter is not able to do**.
We hope to see as many of you as possible at the Workshop. If you cannot make the Workshop but still need advice or help with your submission, please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide as much help as we are able to.
** The Friend of Submitter is appointed by the EPA but is otherwise independent of the EPA. The EPA explains the role of the Friend of Submitter as follows: The Friend of Submitter is able to help with information on the board of inquiry process, making a submission, how to capture your views in your submission, and what steps you will need to take after your submission is lodged. The Friend of Submitter cannot advise you on whether to make a submission or what to include in it.