How do we plan to save the Basin Reserve from the Government and the NZTA’s flyover plans? And what can our supporters do to help? That’s the focus of our “Rally to Save the Basin”, which is being held at The Film Archive, cnr Taranaki and Ghuznee Streets, from 4.30-6.30pm on Saturday 20 April – that’s this coming Saturday, folks!
We’ve got videos. We’ve got Save the Basin T-shirts. We’ve got raffles with some great prizes. And we’ve got a lineup of speakers who are going to tell you how we plan to get this done, and how you can help us do it. Speakers include:
- Lindsay Shelton, editor of Wellington.Scoop and co-founder of Waterfront Watch.
- Mary Varnham, publisher at Awa Press and founder of the “Chaffers Park Make it Happen” campaign.
- Joanna Newman, Save the Basin Campaign spokesperson and Mt Victoria Historical Society Chair, with the wider historical perspective.
- Tim Jones, co-Convenor of the Save the Basin Campaign, on the current state of play on the flyover campaign. Who stands where? What happens next? What are the key things the campaign needs to achieve?
- Murray Parker, active Save the Basin Campaign member, on how supporters can get actively involved in the campaign and what help we need.
So if you want to know where the campaign stands, what happens next, and how you can help, this is the place to be.
Please invite your friends, join the event and invite your friends if you’re on Facebook, and come along!